free web hit counter

Friday, August 18, 2006

Rocky part VI

Mawwwwiage is what bwings us here today...a dweam within a dweam.
-The Princess Bride.

As I mentioned in the previous post, on the same day I cranked out on my husband for his broken promise of bed time, the train home caught on fire and stopped running. Forcing me to have to call him to come get me...IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC. Which he did without blinking. Therefore, I give you: ODE TO MY HUSBAND

Marriage is the hardest and easiest thing I have ever done in my life. There are days when it feels like from the moment I step off the train to go to work until the moment I walk in the door at night, life becomes a slug fest. Most days I feel like I am fighting for a title in the main event, and home is the the corner I go to when the bell rings. And being married is like having the guy with the water bottle standing there, telling you "it's going to be fine, your doing great, throw your left more because he looks like he's coming from the right." He's the guy that takes me out in Vegas for a good time after the fight...win or lose.

I hear people say "life is a grind" and I think that it probably can be. But when you have someone grinding it out everyday with you, it doesn't really seem that way. It feels like there is a purpose, something greater than you, something your are building together. Working towards "it" together. And it is fun, it feels like it's what you were meant to be doing.

My husband? He is a great corner man. I tell him so all the time. And so I'm telling him now, here on this blog.

Thanks for being a great corner man.



*I would be remiss if I didn't let the internets know that my husband does not normally wear shirts like that, but we bought matching shirts in greece...which I make him wear sometimes. Another example of how good he is to me...

11 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

okay, wait, I can't even read past the quote at the top without a fit of laughter. I LOVE Princess Bride!!!! (okay, back to actually read the rest of the post now...)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

awwww...I want one, too (a husband, that is, but I'll settle for a burger!) Sounds like you got a catch (and so did he!)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

mmm... I find myself in dire need of a man to bbq me a hamburger. :)And what's with the hotdog on the tray? it's the HUGEST hotdog of all time.

Think I missed the point of your post?

You know what, I'll have lunch and re-read it when I'm not starving. :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

This is so sweet--and a great analogy! And for the record, I love that shirt. Think you can get my husband to dress up a little, too? :D

1:15 PM  
Blogger Poka Bean said...

so sweet. but come on, let's cut to the chase. is that your adorable house in the background of that photo? so cute! i want, i want!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Ok, three things:

1) The Princess Bride is my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!

2) You have the greatest husband EVER.

3) I want your house. No, really, when can you move?

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right about marriage. Your husband is lucky to have you (and PS, I am so coveting your awesome green house!). Also, thanks for your comment on my site...the wedding day was all about the Spanx! ;-)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Wonderful post!!! Very cute. I love a sweet post to start the morning with. I too love the post. Oh and "the princess bride" can always put me in a good mood. It is why I still have a VHS player so that I can watch that movie.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler outlet, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, bottes ugg, moncler, canada goose uk, replica watches, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, ugg boots uk, moncler, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, moncler

9:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

timberland boots, soccer shoes, nike roshe, asics running shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, beats by dre, new balance, jimmy choo shoes, vans, north face outlet, instyler, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, baseball bats, hollister, karen millen, gucci, lancel, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, louboutin, reebok shoes, north face outlet, converse outlet, hollister, herve leger, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ghd, nike air max, mont blanc, chi flat iron, nfl jerseys, toms shoes, supra shoes, mac cosmetics, converse, babyliss, wedding dresses, celine handbags, ray ban, vans shoes, nike air max, montre pas cher, soccer jerseys, p90x workout, birkin bag

9:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, michael kors, coach outlet, coach outlet, nike free, replica watches, kate spade outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, longchamp, burberry, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, nike air max, louboutin, ralph lauren pas cher, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, chanel handbags, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade handbags, sac longchamp, nike outlet, air max, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher, louboutin outlet, nike roshe run, replica watches, nike free, longchamp pas cher, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, replica handbags, longchamp outlet, ugg boots

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home