free web hit counter

Saturday, September 10, 2005

We all could use a little Hooters

We have never been your average couple in alot of ways. In other ways, we are drving down the main street of life, in a Volvo, on the straight and narrow. And I think most people are like that. Everyone has their quirks while every marraige has universal stereotypes.

What is unbearable, incidentally, are people who pride themselves on being different from the norm, but are only different for the sake of being different. These people are annoying...you know the people...they don't like Maroon 5 ever since they went so commercial. My husband has this ex-girlfriend who I'll call Erika Badu (no offense to Erika) and she was the "I don't even own a tv, I just don't think there is anything of social value in it, I have much more lofty things to do with my time" girl. I have two thoughts about this girl. First, how could my husband have dated this woman, and then dated me? I am the "I love TV, and I would watch MTV all day every day, mostly just to see Britney Spears and what she's been up to" girl. Second thought is this: You like tv. You know you do, and I know you do, and...I know you know that I know you do. So put down your book of Maya Angelou poetry and come watch Battle of the Network Reality Stars for the love of God. But I digress...

Back on topic. So my husband and I are pretty normal most of the time. But sometimes this kid goes all wacky and against the grain of your typical husband/wife dynamic. Before we got married, friends assured me that the wife makes all social plans. After all, women are good at making plans, they will call you on Monday to invite you to do something on Saturday night. They call back on Tuesday to find out your answer, Wednesday they talk about the options for what to do, Thursday they make reservations, Friday they confirm, and Saturday you have yourself a nice night out. I can't be sure, but it seems that men don't make plans so much as bump into each other at regular hangouts.

Anyway, I was dubious about this as my husband often made plans for us before we got married. But after we got married, I did sense a shift, and it appeared that he was fine, nay, glad that I was making plans for us. It was going swimmingly...until....

THE HOOTERS PARTY

That's right, my husband's friend from law school (alright, I was friends with him too, but c'mon!) was having a surprise 30th birthday at HOOTERS. You know HOOTERS, the fine establishment where men claim they have the best wings? If by wings you mean waitresses in skimpy outfits with big boobs. That's the one. Now, I have previously posted about my prudishness so I will not bore you, but I think we can agree that I was not excited to attend the party. Unfortunately, my husband made these plans. The kid picked this party as his first foray into making plans for the newlyweds, and decided he wanted to go. But here is the real kick in the ass - the guy's wife called me at work and asked me if we were coming. Apparently despite making the plans we still have a problem on the follow through...clearly he can't be expected to actually remember to RSVP right? So I get the call at work. (NOTE: If you want a guaranteed 'yes' out of either myself or my husband, put us on the spot while we are at work.) So I said yes.

Then I promptly bitched to my husband for the remainder of the week about having to go to HOOTERS.

So on Saturday night, we got all shined up for a night on the town. And I have to say, I was not making it easy on my husband, I was being particularly cranky about the whole thing...that is until....I tried the onion rings. SWEET JESUS, Hooters has the best onion rings I have ever tasted. Seriously. They were delicious. How could I not have known? So I did what any other newly married, yet independent woman would do.

I marched right up to the hostess and asked if they had takeout. Then I bought a t-shirt.

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Hilarious. We may be kindred spirit -- I, too, am quite enamoured by the life and times of Britney Spears, love TV in general, an something of a prude... and LOVE a good onion ring.

Though I don't think I'm as big a woman as you, I wouldn't have admitted to purchasing the T-Shirt. :)

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! pregnant teen pussy pics Zocor myalgia buy tramadol Watches jeep accessories Suzuki katana pictures price on wheelchairs com Arctic cat car and stereo tvs jenna jameson lip service Protonix v prilosec ionamin capsules high voltage circuit breaker wheelchair basketball placentia california vicodin online pharmacy Effexor and cymbalta manual wheelchairs that girls have to use Accutane accutane medication guidemedication guide for Lomax wheelchair Zithromax gonorrhea Research white coats illinois+wheelchairs

7:26 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, kate spade outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry handbags, tiffany jewelry, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, nike free, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, christian louboutin shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton outlet

9:18 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, ralph lauren uk, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, hollister uk, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, converse pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike blazer pas cher, north face, nike air force, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, nike roshe, nike free uk, replica handbags, longchamp pas cher, lululemon canada, sac longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike air max uk, jordan pas cher, kate spade, ray ban pas cher, timberland pas cher, louboutin pas cher, oakley pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, north face uk, true religion jeans, sac hermes, guess pas cher, hogan outlet, michael kors, new balance, nike roshe run uk, michael kors pas cher, true religion outlet, burberry pas cher, nike free run, coach outlet store online, nike tn, coach outlet, air max, vans pas cher

9:20 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora uk, canada goose outlet, converse, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, ray ban, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, nike air max, louis vuitton, moncler, hollister, ugg, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, canada goose jackets, ugg pas cher, karen millen uk, replica watches, moncler outlet, gucci, canada goose, louis vuitton, barbour, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, hollister, ugg uk, coach outlet, thomas sabo, supra shoes, pandora charms, swarovski, barbour uk, links of london, converse outlet, canada goose uk, montre pas cher, canada goose, swarovski crystal, vans, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, lancel, doudoune moncler

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home