free web hit counter

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ahhhhh....Marraige

It is 11:15. I have to be at the bridal shop to meet my sister-in-law for a 'dress decision' regarding her wedding at 12:30. My husband needs to be dropped off at his friend's so he can go to the baseball game at 12:00.

We both are in our pajamas, and have not had breakfast. I make us eggs and english muffins. He makes the coffee.

It is now 11:30, we have to leave the house in 15 minutes. OUT THE DOOR, in 15 minutes.

husband: Are you going to shower?

Me: I am going to rinse.

husband: Me too.

Me: Are you washing your hair?

husband: Yes.

Me: That isn't a rinse, it's a shower.

husband: Not in my book.

Me: There are strict definitions of rinse vs. shower. It isn't up to 'your book'.

I can't be sure, but I think he might have sworn at me in his head. We then start going up the stairs to our bedroom.

Me: I'm going onto the internet while you shower.

husband: We don't have time, you need to get ready.

Me: I'm doing it while you shower...

husband: I'm just rinsing, I'm not taking a shower.

Me: Are you washing your hair?

husband: Yes.

Me: That's not a rinse, that's a shower.

husband: (loud sigh open to interpretation)

Me: Ditto.

Gotta go. Just heard the water turn off...

11 Comments:

Blogger Poppy said...

Yup, sounds about right. :)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

The definition of rinse vs. shower (in my opinion anyways) really depends on the length of hair of the showerer. So if it's quite short than I must apologize as I would have to agree with him. Great post though, sums up what my wife tells me!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What is the difference (to your husband) between a rinse and a shower if he washes his hair during both!? If you're washing your hair, you're showering!! (Then again, I never just "rinse" - if I'm getting in there at all, I'm going to actually shower!) You win this one in my book!

BTW- love that you did it all with about 15 minutes to go!! We are kindred spirits, I tell ya!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

It is SOOOOO a shower.

Men. Hmph.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Bearca said...

You are in the right here! I believe hair washing = shower. No hair washing = rinse.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Josefina said...

Problem is, I think men can actually "rinse" and wash their hairs at the same time, something totally unthinkable for us.
Anyway, that kind of conversation-discussion is so typical for me and my husband, not in the rinse-shower subject, but on a lot of subjects: "let's go this way (husband)" "(me) but why this way" (husband=exasperation look).
It's something about us women I think, to actually "questionate" (put in doubt) everything! It really annoys my husband how I manage to ask everything he does. So don't feel alone!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I defintely do not think that you can wash your hair and still call it a rinse. For guys, what does that leave? Also, I am definitely one of those people who cannot get into the shower without washing my hair, my face and brushing my teeth. Yes, I am one of those weird people who brush their teeth in the shower.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Love it!

...if husband doesn't think that's a shower, than what constitutes a shower in his mind. What else is there for guys to do in the shower besides wash their body and hair? It's not like he shaves his legs... ooooohhhh, or does he?

Nevermind, some things I don't want to know. :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Poka Bean said...

yes yes, i'm with the rest. what distinguishes a shower from a rinse if not the hair washing? your hubby has got me all perplexed.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

My hubby and I solve the time crunch dilemma by sharing a shower. Sounds all sexy, but the reality is a carefully timed, businesslike maneuver of rotational sudsing, scrubbing, conditioning and rinsing that would make a Nascar pit crew proud (well...if, that is, they were given to showering together... Nevermind--just disregard this whole comment.)

2:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

vans pas cher, michael kors outlet, mulberry, michael kors, sac guess, new balance pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, true religion outlet, hogan, true religion jeans, burberry, hollister, hollister, oakley pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, michael kors outlet, timberland, ray ban uk, converse pas cher, north face, burberry outlet online, longchamp, michael kors, nike huarache, michael kors outlet, tn pas cher, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, hermes, air force, lululemon, nike blazer, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, nike trainers, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, nike roshe, nike air max, michael kors, north face, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, nike free run uk, abercrombie and fitch

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home