free web hit counter

Friday, April 28, 2006

Did She Take the Deal?

I had two Arbitrations in two days. It was crazy, and let me just say that I am not as young as I used to be. I know this because a mere 5 years ago while in Law School, I could routinely pull an all nighter several nights in a row during finals and be fine...nay, I was at my BEST after an all nighter. I ate pressure for breakfast. The night was my mistress, and all I needed was a two hour afternoon nap. That's how I rolled back then.

Now, after working until 11pm two nights in a row and rising at 5:30 two mornings in a row...I feel, ummmm....well....what is the diametric opposite of invigorated? I felt like I wanted to throw-up and my head was pounding. Advil had become my mistress, and I needed to crash into a coma like sleep for approximately 24 hours. Because, my friends, apparently THAT is how I roll now.

So on the third day, I left work victorious and tired. I got home around 6 and was in the arms of my husband by 6:01. By 6:03, my husband was asking me how to use the TiVo to record the Flyer's playoff game.

Needless to say, I set up the TiVo for him and retired around 8:00 to the bedroom where I was all set to enjoy Deal or No Deal and then watch Pickler get booted from American Idol. I told him to come visit me and promised to intercom him with the play by play analysis of Deal/No Deal and the bootee of American Idol.

By 8:20 I was asleep. Not only did I not get to see who was voted off Idol, I have no idea if that greedy lady took the deal or not. Interestingly, the next morning while we were driving into work, I asked my husband if he came up to check on me at all, if he noticed what time I had fallen asleep...and he replied:

"I knew when I didn't hear a peep out of you after 8:30, that you were asleep. You didn't intercom me, didn't come down to see me, didn't yell to me...Never called out who was voted off American Idol. The silence gave you away."

I asked "Ohhh, baby, I'm sorry. I was just so tired. Did you miss me?"

And while looking into the distance wistfully with a huge grin on his face, as if remembering a happier time, my husband said "What? Ohhh...yeah, I missed you. I did, it was horrible."

And I have to say...I don't think I believe him.

9 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Wow, that conversation sounds all too familiar. I LOVE the intercom system.

It's funny, but I'm the same way, I can't just watch a good show -- I must share the experience for it to be truly enjoyable. Even if the other party is completely disinterested.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I miss all-nighters, in a weird way. I just wish I still had that much stamina. Now when I try to stay up till the wee hours, I am very likely to fall asleep right in the middle of a conversation, while sitting up. And possibly eating.

That's weird.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I have never done an all-nighter. I had one group project in college that was a close call, but I am a huge fan of sleep. Good going on your arbitrations. How cute that he knew you were asleep by the silence!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

4:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler outlet, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, bottes ugg, moncler, canada goose uk, replica watches, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, ugg boots uk, moncler, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, moncler

9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

timberland boots, soccer shoes, nike roshe, asics running shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, beats by dre, new balance, jimmy choo shoes, vans, north face outlet, instyler, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, baseball bats, hollister, karen millen, gucci, lancel, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, louboutin, reebok shoes, north face outlet, converse outlet, hollister, herve leger, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ghd, nike air max, mont blanc, chi flat iron, nfl jerseys, toms shoes, supra shoes, mac cosmetics, converse, babyliss, wedding dresses, celine handbags, ray ban, vans shoes, nike air max, montre pas cher, soccer jerseys, p90x workout, birkin bag

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, michael kors, coach outlet, coach outlet, nike free, replica watches, kate spade outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, longchamp, burberry, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, nike air max, louboutin, ralph lauren pas cher, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, chanel handbags, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade handbags, sac longchamp, nike outlet, air max, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher, louboutin outlet, nike roshe run, replica watches, nike free, longchamp pas cher, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, replica handbags, longchamp outlet, ugg boots

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home