free web hit counter

Monday, April 24, 2006

Sick and Tired

Oh God the Sickness. A pox is on my house. My husband brought home "the cold that will not die" on Good Friday. In my ignorance I kissed him and hugged him and made fun of him for being sick. It was back before the onset...in the days I felt invincible. Relying on my track record for being immune to whatever disease had befallen my weak and susceptible husband, I feared not.

And then Monday my throat hurt a little. Weird...my husband had not had a sore throat. Probably just dehydration right? Ignorance is bliss...Tuesday I managed to crawl home and collapse on the couch with a 101 fever, which in a deluge of sweat soaked sheets broke that night. Wednesday I awoke, alive and well. Only to be struck down Wednesday afternoon with a river of mucous streaming from my lungs and nose. It was not pretty. The cough that made me sound like I had smoked 10 packs of Pall Mall's a day for 30 years was attractive though...

Thursday just got worse, but I couldn't take the day off. Friday is a blurr and my survival is nothing short of a miracle. I still don't remember how I got home from work. Saturday I was still sick and Sunday I layed around because my husband was doing laundry and well...just to be sure I thought I would still remain couch bound.

My husband was sick right along with me, just not as severe. Not as many maladies. he just had a run o' the mill sinus infection. And so on Friday when he said he was still sick, despite having no outward signs of being so...I looked at him through runny eyes, chapped running nose and with a hoarse voice and sore throat and attempted to explain to him lovingly that while I was sorry that he was under the weather, I have stared into the face of death itself and fought fever, chills, nausea and daggers in my throat since Tuesday. I have been to hell and it was not welcoming. But all that came out was a weak "you did this to me"...

11 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Actually, it's all selfish. I'm just glad you're posting again :)

4:39 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Oh, my goodness, that's hysterical! Not that you're pain is funny...well, dangit! It's funny! You poor thing, I hate getting sick. I'm sorry about you having to travel to hell and back just to tell a funny story, but man oh man, it was gooooood!!!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

ooooh, not a fun week at all! Just wait until you have little ones that go off to preschool and bring home every single illness known to man!

And I'm with UC - glad you're back cause I missed reading you!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I am glad that you are feeling better! And posting.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Josefina said...

Yeah, I hate to be sick...
I think when you get married, defenses lower a little, I have been sick more times since I got married than I had in 5 years!!
Good to have you back!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Bearca said...

Ooh, sounds awful!! It's true though, when you have kids they bring home the nasty stuff. (like roseola!)

Glad you are feeling better.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

hehehehe

I am glad you're feeling better, too. Nothing like a husband and wife sharing everything. ;)

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep-- you learned the hard way. I'll make love when he's sick, but no kissing!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler outlet, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, bottes ugg, moncler, canada goose uk, replica watches, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, ugg boots uk, moncler, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, moncler

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

timberland boots, soccer shoes, nike roshe, asics running shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, beats by dre, new balance, jimmy choo shoes, vans, north face outlet, instyler, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, baseball bats, hollister, karen millen, gucci, lancel, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, louboutin, reebok shoes, north face outlet, converse outlet, hollister, herve leger, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ghd, nike air max, mont blanc, chi flat iron, nfl jerseys, toms shoes, supra shoes, mac cosmetics, converse, babyliss, wedding dresses, celine handbags, ray ban, vans shoes, nike air max, montre pas cher, soccer jerseys, p90x workout, birkin bag

9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, michael kors, coach outlet, coach outlet, nike free, replica watches, kate spade outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, longchamp, burberry, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, nike air max, louboutin, ralph lauren pas cher, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, chanel handbags, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade handbags, sac longchamp, nike outlet, air max, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher, louboutin outlet, nike roshe run, replica watches, nike free, longchamp pas cher, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, replica handbags, longchamp outlet, ugg boots

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home