free web hit counter

Thursday, March 29, 2007

High School Cafeteria

I have lunch lady arms. I am fairly certain pregnancy will make this condition that much worse. Because I will not be giving birth to Baby Butterman (we are starting to call the baby "baby Butterman" and my husband is calling me "tubby Butterman") until around labor day, I am assuming that I will be very hot this summer.

What can I do about covering up my lunch lady arms? Because no one wants to see that. Trust me.

While other mothers to be are concerned about eating healthy and exercising...I am panicked about my flabby Butterman arms. Clearly I have "Mother of the Year 2008" all wrapped up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Josefina said...

I also hate my enormous arms right now! I used to have this beautiful arms, that wouldn't get fat even as the rest of my body would...but now, well before being pregnant, but right now they're so big that I tried one dress this morning and I couldn't wear it because it didn't fit me in the arms!! it was very humilliating! But well, I just survived summer and I tried not to think much of my arms, just try not to get photographed with the side of your arms exposed! (I tried to do that!) LOL!
Good luck!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

When I was preggers, I had tons of trouble finding maternity shirts that fit my ARMS. I thought that was absurd. NOW I have big arms, but I weigh more now than I did then (and let's just not discuss that any further!)

Light cotton button shirts, left open with a cami or something underneath would be light and airy looking and still cover your arms. 3/4 sleeve would be cute!

P.S. No one will notice your arms anyway, they will be too busy touching your stomach!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ug--me too! I read that would happen in the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy (totally recommend if you don't have it already) and didn't believe it, but sure enough--I barely have a bump yet but I've got the arms to prove I'm pregnant! What happened?!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

tricep dips, bicep curls, and self tanner.

I guess I can't speak to pregnancy, but that's my summertime trick. :)

ps - I didn't know that flabby arms (okey arms as we call them in my family) went hand in hand with being preggers. That makes me want to cry a little. Thank God babies are cute :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I read this twice, because I so love the way "tubby Butterman" rolls off the tongue...lol!

No advice here--my arms were only one small part of my tubbiness equation, and there was nothing that could cover everything!

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home