free web hit counter

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Nose Hair

On a warm spring morning almost two years ago, I was in our bathroom when I noticed a small mechanical device that looked like a pen. When I asked my husband what it was, he told me it was a nose hair trimmer. I questioned no further, and he offered no additional explanation.

Two days later, I used it. I did not read the instructions, nor did I ask for a tutorial. I had never before trimmed my nose hair...but who amongst us wouldn't have tried that out?

I have had no nose hair for the past two years.

Apparently, unbeknownst to me at the time, you are only supposed to lightly trim the hairs that are at the edge of the nostril. I, however, living by wits alone, decided to trim EVERY LAST HAIR from inside my nose. Right...yes...those school loan payments are really seeming worthwile now!

Did you know that nose hair doesn't really grow back? Now you do. Did you also know that nose hair serves an important purpose of keeping our noses relatively unstuffed? Well you do now. Needless to say, it has been two years of hell which has included extensive noseblowing each morning.

Early on in my pregnancy, I learned that pregnancy makes your hair grow thicker and longer...I found this to be true. My hair is like a weed at this point, and the shaving is required more often...but I do not notice it any place more than in my nose.

There is a definite upside to preganancy. I just never figured it would be related to nose hair.

12 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

oh my lord, Newly, this is hysterical!! I have seen such devices, but NEVER was tempted to put it to use! (Well, not on myself..there are several men I know who need to get acquainted with one.) I am glad to see additional perks coming from pregnancy!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

ha ha ha! Wow, that is something that would have never occured to me. I hope you're fixed now!! Hilarious.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I had no idea that nose hair doesn't grow back. Are you sure -- I feel like my nose is perpetually hairy -- is that the grossest thing ever?

But I have noticed that right after I trim the meandering jungle within my nostrils that I sneeze a lot more the following few days.

ps - I took your advise and re-entered the blogging ranks. But it wouldn't give me back my old url -- so now I'm at undercoverceleb.blogspot.com

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't that the truth? I don't have the nose hair problem (but reading about yours is hilarious!) but my god! the leg hair! And why doesn't anybody tell you about this?!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Good to know...wow! Your blog is so educational!!

Ack, though. Yeah, I'm knocked speechless by all the informations.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Josefina said...

LOL!!!!
that was really really funny! I would've never trimmed my nose! But just in case one day I get tempted, I will know better!
LOL!!!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Now there's some information I can use! My husband is a handsome man, but could, nonetheless, use a nosehair trimmer. And now I know not to. Thanks!!!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure this is quite true in men, infact after using the trimmer the hairs grow back longer and thicker, the sme even if u pluck them.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

15.06.10daigege
true religion
michael kors uk
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
tory burch outlet
pandora jewelry
gucci uk
burberry outlet
tory burch shoes
ralph lauren outlet
burberry outlet online
kate spade handbags
burberry handbags
gucci outlet
burberry scarf
kate spade outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
kate spade bags
pandora jewelry
coach factory outlet
mont blanc pens
oakley sunglass
gucci outlet online
soccer jerseys
polo ralph lauren
cheap jordans
prada outlet
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
chanel handbags
rolex watches
oakley sunglasses
nike air max

9:35 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, kate spade outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry handbags, tiffany jewelry, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, nike free, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, christian louboutin shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton outlet

9:13 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora uk, canada goose outlet, converse, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, ray ban, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, nike air max, louis vuitton, moncler, hollister, ugg, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, canada goose jackets, ugg pas cher, karen millen uk, replica watches, moncler outlet, gucci, canada goose, louis vuitton, barbour, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, hollister, ugg uk, coach outlet, thomas sabo, supra shoes, pandora charms, swarovski, barbour uk, links of london, converse outlet, canada goose uk, montre pas cher, canada goose, swarovski crystal, vans, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, lancel, doudoune moncler

9:14 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

sac burberry
nike shoes
stuart weitzman
instyler ionic styler
hermes
replica watches
oakley
adidas uk
louboutin
mont blanc
2018.3.27xukaimin

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home