free web hit counter

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Update

Nothing. I have nothing going on right now (except Butterman's head is trying to burrough under my pelvis in a painful, but seemingly unproductive manner).

I am going to stop working tomorrow. My husband says I should take Friday off and make it a four day weekend. (I'm due Tuesday, September 4th)...how about making it a 4 month weekend? I think I am going to start my maternity leave Friday, regardless of whether Butterman feels the need to make an appearance or not.

Is that wimping out? I feel like it might be. But when I broached the subject at work with the partners...I got an all smiles response. Clearly, even they are weary of dealing with a 9 month pregnant lady. That or they are worried about the carpet in the new office space. Several times, I have been asked if I would mind putting a plastic mat under my chair "just in case"...

Law firms are bastions of political correctness are they not?

8 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I can't believe the day is almost here! Baby Butterman, at last! I know how much I can't wait... so I can only imagine what you and the husband are going through! :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger KidKate said...

I think you are absolutely making the right decision--but then I am a little biased! Have they really asked you that about putting a mat under your chair? Yeah, it's time to go on maternity leave...

12:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It's time, Newly. Time to stop thinking about defendants and start thinking about diapers. Enjoy your days off (especially FRIDAY - nudge nudge, wink wink). Now go put those feet up and rest!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Starting your maternity leave sounds like a great idea. It is almost go time!! Oh and because I am in a REALLY corny mood I would like to change what Amy said to "Time to stop thinking about defendants and start thinking about dependants."

OK- I am done and will understand if shake your head incredulously at that.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

I'm due sept 3rd and this coming week will be my 3rd week home! I don't know how you have done it as long as you have!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Um, you're having a BABY! NOTHING you decide to do at this point could be at all considered "wimping out." ; )

2:22 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm hoping that the silence on the blog means there's an itty in the house!!

Hoping you had a great birthday and that Baby Butterman made a birthday of his very own!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

IS THERE A BABY IN THE HOUSE YET!?!?

Just wonderin'.

:o)

Miss ya!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home