free web hit counter

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Little Britney and A Little Butterman

I used to love Britney Spears. And although I am on board with the rest of the country in thinking she is a total train wreck, the 22 year old buried deep inside me was rooting for her last night. I wanted her to pull it off. Truly, I did.

Clearly no comeback is going to occur.

On a good note, I think the horror of her performance sent me into pre-labor! Today, I had a sign of impending labor (it is a gross sign that I will not discuss, but a sign that made me call my husband who was pulling out of our driveway for work and tell him to come look. He did, and he was thoroughly disgusted) (for those of you who have been preggo, you can probably guess what happened this morning. For those of you who have yet to experience pregnancy in all of it's glory, better not to tell: no one told me until it was too late!). Let's just say that I know I have dialated at least a little! YAY me, and THANK YOU BRITNEY!

Today I go for an ultrasound to check on amniotic fluid. If it's low, we will talk turkey. If not, I will have a complete meltdown in the doctor's office tomorrow at my appointment, and it will not be pretty. Much like Britney's performance at the VMA's.

See how I brought that around full circle?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov! Push that Kosher turkey out already!

11:17 AM  
Blogger *krystyn* said...

Hilarious post...I'm almost 5 mo PG and assume what happened has to do with the "plug" - which doesn't really tell me much as I've heard very little about all this....anyway -good luck and I'm sorry I missed Britney's VMA performance.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

you brought that around beautifully. Congrats!!!!! Baby Butterman on the way.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mucus plug!!

...sorry...

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I stumbled onto your blog and you are thigh slappin hilarious. I'm at work snickering behind my PC trying so very hard not to make a sound. And for the record, I think it's a girl. Good luck!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I think Brit's performance made me go into labor too -- and I'm definitely not pregnant. She didn't even really dance -- looked bored (and/or too self conscious) the whole time. I love watching that girl perform, but this was a serious let down.

And, to bring that back full circle. I am also let down that Butterman/woman still evades us all. :)

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did someone go missing b/c they had a baby???

4:29 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

woohooo!!! I did not have this happen in such a way as to actually realize it happened, so I'm glad I missed out!

but excitement! progress!! A babe is on the way (as if we had any doubt!)

Go push and scream and yell and curse and breathe and cry and breathe and cry and sleep and..oh, wait, yeah, skip that sleep part!!

Our prayers are with you!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Well, I stumbled across your blog thanks in ALL part to Amy. I certainly hope to hear good news for you.

After 3, my doctor finally realized that he had no other choice but to induce me if he expected me to have any of my babies! I was in serious labor (not Braxton Hicks - the real thing) for 3 stinking months (with not 1 child, but all 3), and never...I repeat NEVER...dialated until AFTER my epidural. They not only had to hook up the Pitocin IV and break my water, but they had to stick that stupid needle into my back and numb my nether regions before my body would do it's thing. That said, my doc never made me go past 40 weeks, so I'm sorry to hear you've been miserable for longer than what seems necessary to any mommy at 40 weeks!

Hope all is well and that your beautiful baby arrives healthy :)

P.S. I love the nursery pics!!! And I too love Craigslist :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Good luck whatever it is that you're going throught right now.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I know what you're talking about, but I didn't experience it. I had a baby boy 5 months ago. =) I was induced, and they had to pop my bag, AND stretch me to even start the dialation. It was disgusting!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home