free web hit counter

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Nursery

Butterman's Room: A Pictorial




This is the door to Butterman's room. I wanted to get a sign that said "you wake him, you take him" but we don't know if its a boy yet so my husband wouldn't let me...





This is obviously the doorway. I warn you now, take a breath and suck in, because there is not alot of room in here! Butterman unfortunately is the victim of an old house...small rooms...

Anyway, the crib is Pottery Barn via Craig's List, as you may remember...And the color isn't really coming across right, it is more of a honeydew.






I love this rocker! Also a Pottery Barn find on Craig's List! Notice the blue and pink lampshades (again, despite my positive feeling that Butterman is a boy, my husband insists on keeping our options open...)






Closet door. I love all the bath towels and receiving blankets! Aren't baby things adorable?







The changing table, another Pottery Barn find on Craig's List. I feel like I have conquered the evil empire of Pottery Barn, it feels like I am STEALING from them, even. And it feels GOOD TO STEAL FROM POTTERY BARN!











Inside the crib. Guess who bought the baby a soccer ball? I can take credit for the Boppy and the little lambs...I can't wait for this baby! What do you think of the Green check and toile bedding? neutral enough?







I love that we have window seats in all the bedrooms! It almost makes up for the tiny rooms themselves! Once we know the gender of the baby, we are going to get curtains a rug and a pad for the window seat. Pink for a girl, Blue for a boy. Don't tell my husband, but I already have the blue patterns picked out!









Finally, we are prepared to bring baby home...Pink or Blue...



This all assumes that Butterman decides to come out. But the doctor did assure me that she has never seen a pregnant woman who didn't deliver the baby! So I have that consolation.

10 Comments:

Blogger KidKate said...

Wow, now it is my turn to be jealous! Your nursery is GORGEOUS--and not small at all (try living in half of a Victorian rowhouse in London)! Our baby gets a "cot" at the end of our bed--and she will appreciate it, damnit (just kidding!).

12:17 PM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

you have great taste! :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

simply beautiful.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the colors you've picked. So pretty and soft! It's always difficult to decorate a babies room completely and not be gender specific, but you did so great! And I can't believe you don't know what sex the baby is! I would go crazy not knowing.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

I was talking with an older ex-coworker of mine and she was telling me about when she had her daughter, and that one thing that helped her get through labor was a big sign put on the wall in front of her that said "She WILL come out!" lol Know that there WILL be an end to this pregnancy, and then you'll have your little Butterman screaming away in your arms. =P

6:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Pictures and I thought, OH, BUTTERMAN IS HERE! I was for a teeny moment disappointed, but not for long--your nursery just made me coo and coo as if there was a baby in presence.

Did you ever see the Friends episodes (I think it was three episodes) when Jennifer Aniston was pregnant and NOT even dilated more than 4 centimeters?

Pink or blue, come soon, Butterman!!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Jen did eventually give birth (I meant to say) but your situation reminds me of that.

I have no real world experience, but their ob/gyn said walks, spicy foods, and sex. The sex didn't happen b/c her water broke, and then she was in the delivery room for three episodes.

(Can you tell I am a "Friends" fanatic?)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I think we have the same crib. Except mine is oak, not white and I didn't get it from Pottery Barn, but still SAME TASTES, girl!!

I love the room. I wish I could sit in it and hold the Babe one of these days!

It is a truly gorgeous room.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Awwww!!! I love the pics. It's EXACTLY how I pictured it. Your taste is impeccable.

And it's so funny, I completely forgot that you don't know the sex of the baby. We've been throwing Butterman around so much, I've just got it in my head that you're having a boy. You really just can't name a girl Butterman :)

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home