free web hit counter

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Jingle Bells

The Buddha baby loves singing. I must sing at least 5 hours of my day. And I assure you that I am not a singer.

Tis the season, so I have been singing her Christmas songs. Jingle Bell Rock is her absolute favorite. Which is fine, except I don't know the words. Neither does my husband.

I sing to her when she starts to fuss, and it always calms her down. The other night, we were travelling home from my in-laws at night and the Buddha started to cry in the backseat. So I started belting out the tunes. I saved Jingle Bell Rock for emergencies...I don't want to delude its power by overuse.

When all else failed, I started the Rock...

"Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Rock. Jingle Bells sing and Jingle bells Jing. Dasher and Dancer and Blah Blah Blah Blah...In the frosty Aiiiiir..."

Husband: What are you singing, that isn't Jingle Bell Rock?

Me: I don't know the words. And I could be wrong, but she doesn't either. So it works out.

Husband: I do. "Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock. Jingle around the way. A mix and a mingle and a Jingle of fun, now the Jingle Rock has begun. Jingle Bell Jingle Horse, pick up your feet, Jingle around the bloooooooock. ummm.....a wingle bejingle and jingly jing...Buddha baby I love you."

Me: That's what I thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

You guys are too funny!

Honestly, I'm impressed that you even knew that many lyrics!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

lol! You guys are cute. =)

Lookee what I found: http://www.41051.com/xmaslyrics/jinglerock.html

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You guys would right in in my house! It seems that the general rule of thumb when singing Christmas carols is that someone makes up the words, then everyone else must sing the same exact made-up words, or "you aren't singing it properly". :)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home