free web hit counter

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mid Morning

Please note that I am blogging at 12:13 pm...

Yes. I have stepped away from the baby. She is in a bouncy chair (that by the way, vibrates and doesn't bounce so what gives with the term?) amusing herself with some linking plastic rings. That were not made in China. I am all over this mother thing!

It really all culminated yesterday when my husband came home and for the third day in a row, I was wearing the same white turtleneck. I hadn't showered, and frankly, I was disgusting. I realized...I have to put the baby down. I am no better a mother for not putting her down to shower...in fact, I am pretty sure I am a worse mother for failing to take care of my basic hygiene. I know I am a lesser wife for it!

And so people last night, I put her down to bed and took a shower. While in said shower I heard her starting to cry. And you know what I did? I continued shaving my legs. When I got out of the shower and went to check on her, she was still crying...but you know what? She was totally fine. And this morning she woke up and smiled at me, so clearly she isn't holding a grudge.

So today I continue my new found independence by putting her in the bouncy/vibrating seat and blogging.

But now she is starting to fuss, so I gots to go...

Baby steps.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

i take a shower each morning, I just lay baby girl down on the shower rug in front and she smiles and watches me while I shower with the door open.. not water gets out really and she has fun looking around. I've been doing this from about 2 months and she's 3 months now.. for some reason the bouncy (aka vibrating) seat doesn't amuse her much and hasn't for a while. She likes the floor!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yea mommy!!!! I'm so proud of you...and I'm pretty sure that your hubby will appreciate your new-found independence even more :)

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the bouncy seat is whatI think you are talking about...

Put the baby in it. Push the seat down towards the floor or counter or whatever.

Let go.

That sucker will bounce, let me tell you.

OF course, I am an aunt, not a mom, so I am willing to do things like that.

Babies love it, though.

Er, make sure she's strapped in, though.

4:26 PM  
Blogger KidKate said...

Congrats--gotta love the vibrating chairs! I do the floor thing while I shower in the mornings too.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home