free web hit counter

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Immunity

The Buddha got sick this weekend. I was thinking it had to do with teething because on Friday, she sprouted her first tooth and another is right behind it. Is there anything worse than a sick baby? her little nose was runny, she had a sad little cough, and her eyes were watery. She spent most of the weekend, listless and in my arms snuggled up.

Oh, and in case you were wondering about the immunities babies get from breastmilk? Yeah, they apparently don't work in the reverse. The little phlegmball gave it to me, and I am now dying of her "teething" cold.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

So not fair! Where are OUR health rewards for breast feeding? :)

Right after I gave birth to my youngest, I developed a raging case of pneumonia. I nursed all the way through it, scared every moment that he would catch it. But he didn't. I'm not sure if that was from breastfeeding or what, but it was pretty amazing (and the answer to many prayers!)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Yeah, I remember my mom mentioning once how when we were little we'd get sick and be better after 2 days, then she'd get it from us and be in bed for a week.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Kids seem to bounce back so much faster than we do! It's so not fair...

5:44 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

She is just practicing her sharing skills at a young age.

9:11 AM  
Blogger KidKate said...

I like how your descriptions of the Buddha range from "the greatest gift" to "little phlegm ball". I feel the same way about mine--usually about 5 seconds apart!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone shared your blog with me, and I have spent the last hour reading and crying, while my daughter (born 10/3/07) slept next to me in her boppy. You are a great writer and I identify with you so much! If you lived in Atlanta I'm sure we'd be friends, have play dates, and go on carriage walks! I feel like I've done a disservice to her by not writing her letters and celebrating with a cake every month. Thanks for the great idea! I may start next month :)

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home