free web hit counter

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Dreaded Stat Counter

I don't know if other people know that you can tell that they are reading your blog through statcounter. I can even tell how many times you come on and how long you stay.

So, 'yes'. I know you are reading this. Why not leave a comment...? trust me, I am not writing anything that I would keep secret or don't want anyone to find out. I am mindful that this is public and therefore post accordingly (except that last post. I mean, talking about one's female functions is probably not a good topic to have floating around out there right?).

And if you are reading this and thinking "does she mean me?" Yes, I mean you. We know each other...most of these stories I have probably told you in person! So the anonymous checking and rechecking of this blog is ridiculous. Just leave a comment! Or tell me when we see each other. Or call. This whole, "I know you know about the blog, but you don't know that I know that you know" thing is getting out of hand and kind of awkward for me.

To everyone else, who is reading and thinking "does she mean me? I mean, how does she even know me? Oh, my God, does she stalk me, and think we have some type of relationship...I only pop in to read some light hearted fare once in a while. Holy crap, I don't want to be KNOWN!" Relax. I don't mean you. Carry on as you were. But totally leave a comment if you want, and I will befriend you! You know, if you want to. Easy Breasy. Whatever. No pressure. This is really about the other person, who I do know.

Yes YOU...OVER THERE.

PS: The very least you could email my husband and tell him to stop by once in a while...I mean, would it KILL the man to read what I am writing? HE WAS THE INSPIRATION after all.

PPS: Could I flog the dead horse of my husband ignoring my creative genius over here any more?

13 Comments:

Blogger Clearlykels said...

ha ha, you are much more adept at this than I am. I haven't figured all of that out yet. Although, I'm getting better.

I'm impressed.

4:17 PM  
Blogger LPW said...

I recently started reading your blog and have already grown to love it.

But, more to the point, how do you see this whole "stat counter" thing. I would LOVE to be able to know who stops by my blog and how long they stay, etc. etc. (Obviously I've only been blogging for a couple months and don't know all the ins and outs yet.)

Thanks!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saying "Hi" from Houston. Your blog cracks me up. Keep up the great posts.
K.

11:09 AM  
Blogger julie said...

"hi" from julie in dc. i've commented before and often tell MY husband about things you've written that day.
i love your writing and already feel comforted about having my first baby (boy!) in august! this teething phase sounds like fun...or not...

12:51 PM  
Blogger Fine For Now said...

I have commented before also and enjoy reading about that cute little baby!

lpw - I use sitemeter, but maybe Just Married has a better application?

11:00 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'll comment again- I LOVE this blog. You have a fantastic way with words and I love it. :)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

hahaha! I love this post! You certainly don't mean me, as this is the first time I'm here (via Eliza Jane/Amy), but hello anyway! *waves* There are SO many people that I know in person who read my blog. I know they read, they don't know I know, or maybe they do, but yes, it's ok to mention it... gah! I totally understand!

Anyway, hello! Hope you've having a happy day! :)

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your HILARIOUS, yet true blog when I googled "Pre Cana" -- I've been hooked ever since! : )

~Catholic in Milwaukee

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell you when we talk but we don't know each other. But I enjoy your blog because we seem to be about the same age, got married around the same time, and seem to have a lot in common. And since my baby is 11 weeks old, I enjoy reading about what to expect in thee coming months! Thanks for doing the blog and nice to meet you!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are soooo darn cute! I absolutely love your Blog!!! As for starting this Blog for your husband.... I have a feeling this is going to be your daughters favorite place. When it comes down to it, blogging your wonderful memories for your family is a sweet idea and they will all treasure you for it even if it's down the road.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine just sent me a link to your blog after I complained to her about my stalker and his random weirdness (3 am? really?) Hilarious post. Great writing, keep it up.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Haha! I posted something like this on my previous blog, back in the day, when I had a personality. It's true though, our real life friends come and read, but never comment. Weirdos.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Christinahh said...

Because I know what it's like to try to decode the info StatCounter gives, I'm saying hello! I'm Christina from Baltimore, mom to a 5-month old baby girl, and I enjoy your blog!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home