free web hit counter

Friday, December 02, 2005

Deck the Halls...or, more appropriately, "Deck this!"

Okay, I have been crazy...C R A Z Y at work and it has now calmed down, FINALLY. From Thanksgiving madness to my husband's aunt dying, to meetings with clients that are clearly the role model and inspiration for George Costanza's parents from Seinfeld, I need an Egg Nog if you know what I mean.

Anyhoo, let's get down to it. I. LOVE. CHRISTMAS. and that's really saying something for someone who is half Jewish. This year, since my husband's sister and her fiance are saving up for a blow out honeymoon and wedding, it was determined that the six of us (husband, his two sisters, me, the brother-in-law and the brother-in-law to be) are all going to do a swap. But here's the twist...under $25 and it has to be funny, unique, clever, useable (this one is hard) and pretty much better than anyone else's present. I added in the "better than anyone else's present" because...really...what's wrong with a little competition, even if it is in my own head?

Here are some of my ideas so far:


This is an emergency escape hood that protects you from smoke inhilation in the event of a fire. Even though the gifts are not supposed to be person specific, this would definitely be for my brother-in-law. They live in Baltimore, and ever since 9-11 he has been shoring up his emergency kits, survival bunkers, and any other "in case of terrorist attack" stuff that might save his family in the event of an all out nuclear winter. The guy seriously bought a 10 gallon bucket for his family to use as a bathroom. Believe me, you would be laughing your ass off at this thought if you knew my sister in law. Please see the previous post on my sisters-in-law and scroll down to the picture. Does she look like the type that would entertain going to the bathroom in a bucket no matter the circumstances? I think not. But I digress...the bottom line is that this special smoke/fire evacuation mask is right up my brother in law's alley.

I also found this:

These are slippers with little lights sticking out the toes. Because if you're honest with yourself, we have all been there before. It's the dead of night, and you hear soemthing downstairs...a burglar perhaps. Someone's got to go check it out. But it's dangerous and you don't want to alert the intruder that you're there. But you need to see where you're going god dammit. If only you had a pair of slippers that could discreetly illunimate upto 5 feet in front of you. Nevermind that eventually, you realize that it's just the neighbor's cat, and not an axe murderer...but still, it could happen. Best to be prepared. Just ask my brother-in-law.

Come to think of it, these slippers would likewise be perfect for him.

Clearly, I am in need of ideas, so I am reaching out to the internets...give me something people. Prove your worth!

Also, I will be decking the halls this weekend. I plan on going "Clark Griswold" on my house. You heard me right, I am going to bedazzle my home so that astronauts can see it from space. My husband doesn't know this yet, so I am going to state ahead of time that we will go from Decking the Halls to decking eachother inside of an hour...

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Welcome back.

I'm glad someone else is filled with Christmas spirit. We went to my office Christmas party last night -- it was at one of our VP's homes and his neighborhood is completely inspired by Clark Griswold. I thought it looked like such a fun place to live. So I would like to offer my encouragement of your Christmas-cheer endeavors.

...in the meantime, I will try to think of good under $25 presents.

I'm with you... CLEARLY there is an unspoken contest-element to the gift giving.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
»

10:18 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, ralph lauren uk, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, hollister uk, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, converse pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike blazer pas cher, north face, nike air force, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, nike roshe, nike free uk, replica handbags, longchamp pas cher, lululemon canada, sac longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike air max uk, jordan pas cher, kate spade, ray ban pas cher, timberland pas cher, louboutin pas cher, oakley pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, north face uk, true religion jeans, sac hermes, guess pas cher, hogan outlet, michael kors, new balance, nike roshe run uk, michael kors pas cher, true religion outlet, burberry pas cher, nike free run, coach outlet store online, nike tn, coach outlet, air max, vans pas cher

9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler outlet, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, bottes ugg, moncler, canada goose uk, replica watches, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, ugg boots uk, moncler, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, moncler

9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

vans pas cher, michael kors outlet, mulberry, michael kors, sac guess, new balance pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, true religion outlet, hogan, true religion jeans, burberry, hollister, hollister, oakley pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, michael kors outlet, timberland, ray ban uk, converse pas cher, north face, burberry outlet online, longchamp, michael kors, nike huarache, michael kors outlet, tn pas cher, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, hermes, air force, lululemon, nike blazer, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, nike trainers, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, nike roshe, nike air max, michael kors, north face, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, nike free run uk, abercrombie and fitch

9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I definitely love this site
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-taif.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-hail.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-buraidah.html

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home