free web hit counter

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Criag's List

So I love Pottery Barn. Who Doesn't? But $700 for a crib? Come on people. That house in New Jersey didn't come with a money tree in the back yard. So my cheapness and intelligence teamed up to come up with a solution. And that solution is called Craig's List.

I got a crib:



Retails for $700 at Pottery Barn (plus shipping and handling)
Retailed on Craig's List for $250 (my husband didn't charge me for shipping and handling).



I also got a Changing Table: Which came with 4 of the Pottery Barn Sabrina Baskets and 8 Liners for those baskets.



Retails at Pottery Barn for $250 (changing table); $128 (baskets); and $80 Liners
Retailed on Craig's List for $200 total (plus, again, I got the husband discount on shipping)



Not to be stopped there, I got a BRAND NEW IN THE BOX POTTERY BARN ROCKING CHAIR:



This retails at Pottery Barn for $600
Retails on Craig's List for $300 (did I mention that it was BRAND NEW IN THE BOX AND NEVER USED?) I was so excited I almost carried this home myself! But that free shipping from my husband made that unnecessary.



And Finally, a Bassinett (Mine is with Green trim)(do you sense the green theme?) Also, this was unused! BRAND NEW...I am getting sweaty just thinking about it!:



Retails for $350 at Pottery Barn
Retails on Craig's List for $100



Prior to the nursery purchases (each separate finds), I have never used Craig's List before. Where have I been? I'll tell you where I have been...going broke in Pottery Barn, that's where. I can't be stopped now! I will conquer the world through Craig's List!

Well until my husband puts his foot down. Which he did last night when we picked up the crib and the woman told us she still had all the Pottery Barn bedding and just as my eyes lit up and I was about to yell "HELL YES!" my rational husband politely declined and then said to me:

"I draw the line at sheets. We are getting the baby NEW SHEETS"

Fine. Whatever. Be that way. Besides, I can afford nice sheets what with all the money I saved on Craig's List.

13 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

OOOH, me too!! If only I had a truck, I would seriously be in trouble with CraigsList!!! (your free shipping doesn't happen to come my direction, does it?!)

Oh, and the crib? Almost exactly like mine, except mine is oak. Which is just to say, I LOVE IT!!!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Josefina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Josefina said...

Such wonderful things!!!
I can't believe how much many you saved!!
But well, I have to agree with your husband, sheets have to be new!!!!

I think I missed something, is your baby a girl? I will have to check your previous posts...

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

All those things are SO beautiful. I have never shopped at Pottery Barn. I just can't see spending money on things like that when I could get the same thing at Wally World or Target. I am really glad you found a good deal on Craigslist. I'll admit, I've never used it, but I may be inclined to now!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

BEST FEELING EVER!! I know. The new stuff from my apartment came off of eBay. I got a brand new carpet and curtains, oh so many curtains so cheaply-- which is good because my cat, he likes to get tangled up in them. It is his new favorite game. I can't believe you found all of that stuff. It looks like you are a craig's list addict now. Don't worry-- it is the best kind.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! That stuff is just gorgeous! You'll have to post snaps of your finished nursery when it comes together so we can all collectively drool.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I think I just cried a little at how beautiful that story was... discounts get me every time!

Congratulations -- seriously, I am SO excited for you. I think I'm gonna get myself knocked up just to become a part of the craig's list pottery barn club. :)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

"I draw the line at sheets. We are getting the baby NEW SHEETS"

lol! How cute is he? Seriously, congrats on the awesome deals!!! Craigslist is awesome. We actually have one here for Geneva, but I think there's about 10 people using it.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Love the constant references to your free "shipping and handling" a la hubbie.

Very exciting!!

3:45 PM  
Blogger *krystyn* said...

The furniture is beautiful. I think I'll try that too.

Craigs list can be wonderful!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

15.06.10daigege
true religion
michael kors uk
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
tory burch outlet
pandora jewelry
gucci uk
burberry outlet
tory burch shoes
ralph lauren outlet
burberry outlet online
kate spade handbags
burberry handbags
gucci outlet
burberry scarf
kate spade outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
kate spade bags
pandora jewelry
coach factory outlet
mont blanc pens
oakley sunglass
gucci outlet online
soccer jerseys
polo ralph lauren
cheap jordans
prada outlet
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
chanel handbags
rolex watches
oakley sunglasses
nike air max

9:35 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

mizuno wave
converse
nike air max
timberland boots
moncler
christian louboutin
ray ban sunglasses
moncler
herve leger
sac longchamp
2018.3.2xukaimin

10:26 PM  
Blogger rehabgad1 said...


Good write-up. I definitely love this site. Keep it up
https://wordpress.com/view/rehabgad.wordpress.com
https://prokr123.blogspot.com/
https://prokr123.weebly.com/
http://ksa0055.com/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home