free web hit counter

Monday, June 18, 2007

Baby Shower



This post could also be titled..."Where I am I going to put all this stuff?" or "Could I possible get any fatter?"

It was such a beautiful shower. My mom, my husband's mom and his two sisters really did such a wonderful job. I am thankful to them all, but my sisters in law? They truly were amazing. All three of us have alot on our plates right now, life is overwhelming for a variety of different reasons. My older sister in law is pregnant 8 months pregnant, not to mention trying to sell her house and buy a new one. And the younger one has been having a hard time lately with something. To have so much going on, and still be so loving and supportive and...I don't know...sisterly. I can't think of what to say. Who am I kidding, I can ALWAYS think of things to say.

They got me all the clothes you see on the line, plus a laundry basket filled with toys and books and Dreft (which apparently is what you need to wash Butterman's clothes in...who knew? And to think I was going to just use Tide!). PLUS, they got me the infant car seat and an extra base. Plus a ton of other outfits and onsies and bibs and a big stuffed bear that isn't pictured...

Sometimes, I want to cry and hug them and let them know how important they are to me. (Other times, I want them to eat cheesecake and have pimples, I mean, could they get any more beautiful?) But they are my support in so many ways, which is weird, because I don't think they really know how important they are to me, I don't know if I have ever really told them.

I write alot on this blog about all the funny little stories of acclimation to being married. There is no greater part of getting married than figuring out and fitting into another family. And though I have a few stories I could tell about my inlaws, they have not once made me feel like I wasn't part of the clan. They are my family, and they make everything about the 'deal' of marraige so much sweeter.

My younger sister in law moved about 5 minutes away from us a few months ago, and soon my older sister in law is moving to our small town. I can't think of a better gift to give Baby Butterman than to have them move their families close to ours. To have Baby Butterman grow up close to his cousins, running into each other's homes for a quick cup of coffee, or to drop off a care package and give some hugs because something bad has happened...or to meet downtown at Gracie's for ice cream on a hot summer weeknight after soccer practice. Just to live our lives together, one big happy family. When the dust settles, isn't that what we are all striving to give our kids (and ourselves)? Butterman will be surrounded by this big, goofy, loving, crazy family.

So could they get any more beautiful? Yeah, actually, they could. Because while the picture shows you how pretty they are, how well put together and dressed they are...it doesn't show you everything they do for me and for each other. It doesn't show you what kind of sisters they are.

I always knew I would marry him, I just didn't know how lucky I would be to get all of them in the process.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Happy Baby Shower!
What a sweet post. I've always thought it woudl be so much fun to have fun sisters-in-law. I want someone to drop in for coffee, and all that other stuff you wrote about. It sounds like such a charming little life! :)

1:42 PM  
Blogger KidKate said...

Wow, what a haul! You look great! And though I never thought I'd admit it, your post reminds me how much I miss living near family. (OK, so I've never been closer than 3 hours to either side, but being in the same country would be nice!)

Baby Butterman is truly lucky (and from the looks of it, well dressed!).

3:08 PM  
Blogger Kerri W. said...

Hurrah for baby showers! And what a great deal, to be married into a wonderful family. Your sisters-in-law sound like complete goddesses! I know so many people who have in-laws who are, for lack of a better word, beasts. Those of us who can count our in-laws as family AND friends, are certainly a lucky bunch.

And it sounds like you hit the motherlode, as far as gifts go, eh? Woohoo!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

so now that it would seem that I'm not moving to Michigan, I have decided to move across the river and join your happy clan. What wonderful family you married into! (and you came from a great one, too!) This was a beautiful post, Newly, and a wonderful tribute to the love of sisters!

P.S. nice haul! Itty is going to be very fashionable indeed!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home