free web hit counter

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Scaring Kids and Kicking Puppies

The following email was circulated by the managing partner of my office when I got back from court yesterday after winning a trial:

TO: ENTIRE FIRM
FROM: MANAGING PARTNER
RE: CONGRATULATIONS!

Hi Everyone!

It has been a banner day for Newlywifed. She just won her trial after demolishing an 8 year old on the stand. Everyone make sure to congratulate her!
Great Job, Newlywifed!


-----------------------------------------------------------------

TO: ENTIRE FIRM
FROM: NEWLYWIFED
RE: RE: CONGRATULATIONS!

The eight year old was a formidable opponent…I eventually won after she pointed to my stomach and asked if I was pregnant, and I told her "no, I ate the last kid who testified against me." After that, she folded like a house of cards.



Clearly I am trying to win mother of the year as a rookie. It's going well so far, don't you think?


*It should also be pointed out that the partner was joking (she isn't that insensitive as to think it is great to make a child cry) she's 8 months pregnant right now...and the child not testifying had very little to do with my win.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

woohoo!! But a great start to MOTY (Mom of the Year) '07!! I'm telling ya, just having that sort of influence over those would-be-voters is CRITICAL!!

(love the line about you eating the last child...well done, Newly!!)

And congrats on the win!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Congrats!
Opposing council must have been so bummed -- stick an 8 year old on the stand and you're golden... oh, unless, of course, they're going up against a pregnant woman, aglow with maternity. :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Congratulations. Kids are tough and smart. Just ask the people on, "are you smarter than a 5th grader?"

1:54 PM  
Blogger KidKate said...

Hilarious! And congrats on winning your trial!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Winning feels great, huh? Congratulations!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kerri W. said...

Heeeey, congrats! It's always good to be recognized for your abilities, right? Good for you!

(Oh, and I haven't yet notified my husband of our impending move to New Jersey. Or my having to be pregnant. But don't you worry...I'll come up with something. Mua-ha. But I am quite looking forward to that welcome basket you mentioned...)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home